I am not a poet (Love Poem)

I am not a Poet…if I was,
Would consult the most precious archives of my heart,
Where all my loving, soothing and caring words are hidden,
Would pick up those, never been told to any one,
As that is how you have touched my life….
Would write you a Love poem,
Would recite it in front of the masses, but
Only you  would understand it, as it would be from
A special place in my heart,
Where only you have been

I am not an Angel… if I was, I would ask God,
 To bless everything you bless,
 To protect you against any harm,
 To bring a smile on your face each and every morning,
 To give you a reason to wake up,
 To make your winters very short so that you can embrace your summers,
 To take you places where you thought you’ll never be,
 To show you what I see in you,

 I am not a Winner...if I was, I would have,
Won your favour first day you lay your eyes on me,
Won your smile first time your eyes met my eyes,
Won your friendship first time you heard my voice,
Won your love first time you felt my love,

I am not Alive…If I was, I would
Wake up next to you every day of my life,
Would fight with you for not making our bed properly,
Would hold your hand whenever I want to,
Would smile with you just for no reason,
Would  sit with you in silence, knowing that we are fine,
Would tell you I love you at any given time, as I need to tell you,
Would look at you and you’ll know what I’m about to say,
Would love you, without any pain in my heart,

As I have said I am not a Poet, an Angel, a Winner or Alive…
I am just a Soul that fell in love with another Soul,
Nothing else has mattered since then...
I am just a woman with hopes and dreams,
Maybe you are my Dream

As I have said … I am not a Poet, an Angel, a Winner or Alive
I am Lover though, that is what I do best
That is what keeps me going, loving you
Maybe you are my Love…

As I have said … I am not a Poet, an Angel, a Winner or Alive…
These are just words that comes to my mind each time
I think of you, when I see you, when I think of a Miracle
Maybe you are my Miracle….

                                                                  
 
with love
awami

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Grace

Count Your Blessings... you will be so amazed!

See the Light