My Beautiful Sisters, My Brothers

My Beautiful Sisters…. My Brothers
Yes My beautiful Sisters My Brothers…
I call you my brothers because you play a role of being brothers to me…
you protected me when I was scared,
 fed me when I was hungry, and clothed me when naked.

When I felt like God was too far to hear my prayers I ran to you,
not even once you turned me away,
you always had some wise words to tell me,
you tried your best to make sure that no one could hurt me,
and if I was already hurting you searched for comforting words to sooth my pain…
If it meant crying together with me,
that’s what you did so that I could feel that I am not alone…
hence I call you My Beautiful Sisters my Brothers….

When those who were supposed to protect us left… God doubled your strength
He made you very strong so that you can protect our family, you became brothers that I could be proud of, you became the pillar of our family and you made sure
that when our parents look at you they see the miraculous works of God…
hence I call you My Beautiful Sisters, my Brothers…

Each day I always wonder if you will ever comprehend the gratitude, love and respect I possess for you, for being what you have been to me, for always having something funny to say even when the only thing expected of us is to cry,
 for always being on the other side of the storm
and being a beautiful silver lining of my clouds,

I know I can never say thank you enough to you Bantu Abahle,
 but your hearts know that with every breath and every beat of my heart,
I wonder what did I do to deserve such beautiful souls, so different and very diverse,
yet the beautiful cord that ties us together
 makes us overlook and at times embrace our diversity…

You are all beautiful, wonderful and fearfully made,
your strength is hidden in your brains and hearts
where all your thoughts and ideas are born,
you are my sisters, beautiful like princesses,  
 yet strong like warriors,
……..hence I call you my Beautiful Sisters… My Brothers


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Grace

Count Your Blessings... you will be so amazed!

See the Light